Petrov Dmitriy Evgenievich, Candidate of juridical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of state and law theory, Saratov State Law Academy (1 Volskaya street, Saratov, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Scientific development of the question of the method of legal regulation is directly related to improving the efficiency of legal regulation and, accordingly, increasing the role of law in implementation of policies, objectives and functions of the state. The purpose of the work is to analyze the relationship category “the method of legal regulation” with the adjacent category “ways of legal regulation”.
Results. The author analyzed points of view, available in legal science, on the issue of correlation of the categories “the method of legal regulation” and “ways of legal regulation”, criticized judgments that identify the said categories, considered correlation vectors thereof.
Conclusions. The category of the method of legal regulation should be applied to characterize the regulatory impact of different legal entities in public relations. Ways of legal regulation is a primary, source element of legal matter, and the method is a derived instrument therefrom. Differentiation of legal regulation in branches of law can not be characterized only by mandatory, discretionary, incentive or recommendation legal regulation. The value of the theoretical model of the legal system consists in showing how legal regulation is differentiated depending on the areas of public relations.
method of legal regulation, ways of legal regulation, branch of law, differentiation, legal system.
1. Sorokin V. D. Metod pravovogo regulirovaniya. Teoreticheskie problemy [The method of legal regulation. Theoretical problems]. Moscow: Yuridicheskaya literatura, 1976, 142 p.
2. Sheyndlin B. V. Sushchnost' sovetskogo prava [The essence of the societ law]. Leningrad: Izd-vo Leningr. un-ta, 1959, 140 p.
3. Gorshenev V. M. Sposoby i organizatsionnye formy pravovogo regulirovaniya v sotsialisticheskom obshchestve [Ways and organizational forms of legal regulation in a socialistic society]. Moscow: Yuridicheskaya literatura, 1972, 258 p.
4. Baytin M. I. Sushchnost' prava (Sovremennoe normativnoe pravoponimanie na grani dvukh vekov) [The essence of law (Modern normative understanding of law at the turn of two centuries)]. Saratov: Izd-vo SGAP, 2001, 416 p.
5. Kulapov V. L., Khokhlova I. S. Sposob pravovogo regulirovaniya [The way of legal regulation]. Saratov: Izd-vo GOU VPO «SGAP», 2010, 176 p.
6. Alekseev S. S. Obshchie dozvoleniya i obshchie zaprety v sovetskom prave [Common permissions and prohibitions in the soviet law]. Moscow: Yuridicheskaya literatura, 1989, 288 p.
7. Vitchenko A. M. Metod pravovogo regulirovaniya sotsialisticheskikh obshchestvennykh otnosheniy [The method of legal regulation of socialistic public relations]. Saratov: Izd-vo SGU, 1974, 161 p.
8. Ignatenkova K. E. Dozvolenie kak sposob pravovogo regulirovaniya: avtoref. dis. kand. yurid. nauk [Permission as a way of legal regulation: author’s abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the candidate of juridical sciences]. Saratov, 2006, 26 p.
9. Sorokin V. D. Pravovoe regulirovanie: predmet, metod, protsess (makrouroven') [Legal regulation: subject, method, process (makrolevel)]. Saint-Petersburg: Yuridicheskiy tsentr Press, 2003, 661 p.
10. Sorokin V. D. Administrativno-protsessual'noe pravo [Administrative-procedural law]. Moscow: Yuridicheskaya literatura, 1972, 240 p.